SEO tools are inseparable from optimizing website visibility and ranking on search engines. And for those who have been in the SEO game, Ahrefs is a household name.
Once you use the Ahrefs Chrome extension, or its rich and handy toolbar and analytical reports, the accuracy and user-friendly design hook you right off the bat.
However, this blog will compare plenty of Ahrefs alternatives if you need a different fit.
Let’s dive in!
What Is Ahrefs?
Ahrefs SEO tool provides data and insights to enhance your website’s ranking, visibility, and performance, using so many features that you may pick out other Ahrefs alternatives for only a handful of those features.
As one of the most comprehensive collections of SEO tools, Ahrefs has managed to stay ahead of its competitors for years.
However, following its recent updates, particularly Ahrefs pricing and sharp cutbacks in how many credits each plan gets, many people are probing the best Ahrefs alternatives available.
- Ahrefs Site Explorer: allows you to analyze the backlink profile of your competitors and see essential metrics such as the domain rating, referring domains, content gap, and backlinks.
- Ahrefs Webmaster Tools: monitor your site’s health score, run audits, use Ahrefs backlink Checker to get actionable insights from your inbound and outbound links, and see what keywords and blogs you rank for. This is considered an Ahrefs trial for website owners with free limited access to the site explorer and audit tools.
- Ahrefs keyword Explorer: Find relevant keywords for your website, and analyze their important metrics like search volume, keyword difficulty, traffic potential, and cost per click (CPC). You can filter the results by location, language, and other criteria. The Ahrefs Keyword Research provides parent keywords and lists of related keywords, queries, and matching terms.
- Ahrefs Toolbar: The Ahrefs free Chrome and Firefox extension lets you catch a glimpse into essential metrics for any website or webpage you visit.
Pros and Cons
|+ Accurate keyword research, backlink analysis, site explorer, and site audits||– Very expensive|
|+ User-friendly UI and UX||– Updates on a weekly basis|
Ahrefs Pricing Plans
Ahrefs subscription with one power user who has 500 credits to use starts at $99. If you require more features like position history, SERP updates, and more detailed results in Ahrefs site explorer, you’ll need to at least subscribe to the standard plan that starts at $199. Also, each extra user costs $20 to $50.
Ahrefs Group Buy
When a Power user exceeds the limit of 500 credits in their subscription plan, they will start using extra credits from a communal pool shared among all users in the workspace.
What Are the Best Ahrefs Alternatives?
Are you tired of putting all your SEO eggs in one basket? From the Ahrefs free alternatives to paid ones, here are the 15 best SEO tools you can give a shot at.
Like Ahrefs, Semrush provides a range of features such as keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis. Still, their strengths and weaknesses differ, and your preferences can vary depending on your needs.
What Is Semrush?
Semrush SEO tool offers a wide range of features for content marketing, social media, and competitive research.
Ahrefs vs Semrush
Both are all-in-one SEO and digital marketing tools with relatively similar features and functionalities.
However, here is how the two differ from each other.
- Semrush has a better reporting system with more customizable options.
- Semrush backlink checker may not be as noted as Ahrefs backlink checker, but it can provide advanced analysis tools with a decent-sized database of backlinks.
- Ahrefs is known for its more extensive keyword database and more in-depth analysis. Semrush keyword research, on the other hand, has a broader range of tools for SMM and PPC.
Overall, if keyword research and content analysis tools are a prominent part of your digital marketing strategy, Semrush is one of the best Ahrefs alternatives.
Although some may prefer the Ahrefs interface, it’s easy to learn how to use Semrush’s vast database of information to make data-driven decisions and improve your performance. Semrush keyword tool is highly recommended as one of the best Ahrefs alternatives.
We have a more thorough review of Semrush that you can read here.
- Semrush Keyword Magic Tool: Discover profitable keywords, track their rankings, and analyze their competitors’ keyword strategies. Some users prefer this as one of the most effective alternatives to Ahrefs keyword explorer.
- Semrush Site Audit and Optimization: The Semrush tool to audit identifies technical issues that could impact your SEO, say, broken links, duplicate content, and page speed. Ahrefs is relatively on-par with the Semrush site audit tool, but users tend to prefer the latter.
- Semrush Competitors Analysis: analyze your competitors’ online presence, including their organic and paid search strategies, backlink profiles, and more.
- Brand Monitoring: monitor your brand’s online reputation, track mentions, and respond to customer feedback. Ahrefs does not offer this feature specifically. On top of that, Semrush offers more features for performing domain analytics at the Guru plan ($299/Month), whereas Ahrefs provides the same features for Enterprise users ($999/Month).
Pros and Cons
|+ Advanced reporting capabilities compared to Ahrefs||– Keyword difficulty metric accuracy may vary between the two tools.|
|+ Easy-to-use interface – Ahrefs and Semrush are both a good fit for beginners and experts.||– Semrush plans – Semrush prices, like Ahrefs, may be high for small businesses or individuals.|
Semrush Pricing Plans
Semrush is on the higher end of the spectrum compared to other Ahrefs alternatives, but it’s definitely worth the features.
Also, Semrush free trial allows you to try the interface with access to a limited amount of data and features, which is an excellent opportunity to see whether you are willing to pay for the service. The Semrush trial aims at matching up with Ahrefs’ free webmaster tools to gain a competitive edge in the market.
Another popular choice as one of the alternatives to Ahrefs is Ubersuggest, with similar features to help with keyword research, site audits, backlink analysis, competitor analysis, and more.
What Is Ubersuggest?
It is another all-in-one SEO tool specifically designed to be user-friendly and accessible, with a simple interface that makes it easy to navigate and use. But let’s have a closer look at how it compares to Ahrefs.
Ubersuggest vs Ahrefs
One major difference between the two tools is Ubersuggest pricing which is significantly lower than Ahrefs’.
While Ahrefs is generally considered to be more robust in terms of features, Ubersuggest can still provide very useful insight for SEO and content strategy.
- Ubersuggest Keyword Tool: find new keywords to target and analyze their search volume, competition, and CPC.
- Competitor Analysis Tool: analyze your competitors’ top-performing pages and identify gaps in your own content strategy. However, the information it offers about competitors may not be as rich as Ahref’s.
- Ubersuggest Site Tool: check your website for common SEO issues such as broken links, missing meta tags, and slow page speed.
- Ubersuggest Backlink Checker: track your own backlink profile or spy on your competitors.
- UberSuggest Chrome Extension: Ubersuggest extension performs keyword research and gets valuable data on the go. It can give you a quick overview of the potential of any keyword you’re interested in targeting.
Pros and Cons
|+ Affordable pricing||– Limited functionality compared to Ahrefs|
|+ User-friendly interface||– Less accurate data than Ahrefs|
|+ Ubersuggest keyword ideas are comprehensive||– No PPC analysis feature|
Ubersuggest Pricing Plans
Ubersuggest offers three pricing plans: Individual, Business, and Enterprise. The Individual plan is the most affordable option, starting at just $12 per month. The Business and Enterprise plans are more expensive but offer more advanced features and support for multiple users.
BuzzSumo is a powerful online tool for content marketing and social media analysis. It allows users to track and analyze content performance on different social media platforms and discover new trends and influencers in their niche. In that sense, it can be considered one of the noteworthy alternatives to Ahrefs.
What Is BuzzSumo Used For?
BuzzSumo is a cloud-based content marketing and social media analytics platform. It enables you to find the most popular content on the web, identify key influencers in their industry, and track their content’s performance across various social media channels.
Buzzsumo vs Ahrefs
BuzzSumo and Ahrefs are popular content marketing and SEO tools with different features and capabilities, as BuzzSumo focuses on content analysis and social media performance tracking.
Buzzsumo is a content marketing and social media analytics platform that helps you create and share effective content. It offers a range of features that enable you to track your content’s performance, identify key influencers, and discover new content ideas.
- Content analysis and performance tracking
- Influencer identification and outreach
- Competitor analysis
- Content research and discovery.
You can also set up alerts for new mentions of your brand or competitors and track your social media engagement metrics.
Pros and Cons
|+ Content analysis capabilities||– Pricing plans are not as cost-effective as you might expect|
|+ Influencer identification and outreach tools||– Data limits may be a constraint for heavy users|
|+ User-friendly||– Limited to content analysis and social media tracking|
|+ Detailed competitor analysis||– No focus on backlink tracking|
Buzzsumo Pricing Plans
Buzzsumo offers several pricing plans to suit different needs and budgets. It started from $249 per month. The Pro plan is $249 per month and the Suite plan it charges you $399. The Enterprise plan, including additional features such as custom reporting and unlimited searches, is $999. A Buzzsumo free trial is also available if you want to test out the platform before picking any subscription plan.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive tool to analyze your website’s traffic and gain insights into your competitors’ online presence, Similarweb is worth considering. In this section, we’ll explore what Similarweb is, how it compares to Ahrefs and its key features.
What Is Similarweb?
Similarweb is a web analytics and competitive intelligence tool that provides insights into website traffic, user engagement, and audience behavior. Similarweb traffic analysis offers a wealth of data and metrics, including website traffic, search traffic, referral traffic, top organic and paid keywords, and more.
For small businesses, marketers, and analysts to track website performance and identify opportunities for growth, Similarweb is one of the popular Ahrefs alternatives.
Ahrefs vs Similarweb
While Ahrefs and Similarweb are both web analytics and competitive intelligence tools, they have different strengths and weaknesses. Ahrefs backlink checker, for example, provides detailed information on backlinks, referring domains, and anchor text. On the other hand, Similarweb is a broader analytics platform that provides insights into website traffic, audience behavior, and industry trends.
If you’re looking for in-depth backlink analysis and link-building opportunities, Ahrefs is the better choice. However, if you’re interested in understanding your website’s traffic sources, user behavior, and industry trends, Similarweb Pro is a reliable tool.
- Similarweb Extension: Once you install the Similarweb Chrome extension, you can access website data by simply clicking on the icon in your browser’s toolbar.
- Traffic and Engagement Metrics: Similarweb provides detailed information on website traffic sources, engagement metrics, and audience behavior. You can view your website’s total visits, unique visitors, bounce rate, time on site, and more.
- Search Traffic Insights: The tool provides insights into your website’s organic and paid search traffic. You can see which keywords are driving traffic to your site and identify opportunities to improve your SEO and PPC campaigns.
- Competitive Analysis: Similarweb allows you to compare your website’s traffic and engagement metrics with your competitors. You can identify the top competitors in your industry and gain insights into their online strategies.
- Industry Trends: The tool provides insights into industry trends and benchmarks. You can see how your website compares to others in your industry and identify areas for improvement.
Pros and Cons
|+ Comprehensive view of website traffic and metrics||– Limited keyword research capabilities|
|+ Competitive analysis and industry benchmarks||– No in-depth backlink analysis|
|+ Large database of websites and industry trends||– Limited customization options for reports|
|+ User-friendly interface||– Similarweb accuracy may vary depending on the source|
Similarweb Pricing Plans
Similarweb offers several pricing plans, including a free plan and paid plans for businesses of all sizes. The Similarweb free plan provides basic website traffic metrics and limited competitive analysis.
5. Screaming Frog
It is a popular choice among digital marketers if you’re looking for a comprehensive SEO tool that helps with website crawling and analysis. Looking for Ahrefs alternatives that place their focus on Site audits, Screaming Frog is far more cost-effective.
What Is Screaming Frog?
The Screaming Frog SEO tool is a website crawling and analysis platform to optimize your website for search engines. The software crawls through website pages and collects data on various elements, including links, images, and metadata. This data identifies issues that may impact a website’s ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs).
One of the standout features of Screaming Frog is its ability to analyze large websites quickly, which is a significant time-saver for businesses with a large online presence. Additionally, Screaming Frog provides insights into duplicate content, broken links, and other issues that could hurt a website’s SEO performance.
Screaming Frog vs Ahrefs
While Ahrefs keyword generator and backlink checker are most noted, Screaming Frog focuses on website crawling and analysis. Ahrefs offers a broader range of SEO tools, whereas Screaming Frog specializes in website crawling and analysis.
Screaming Frog review
Screaming Frog is a powerful website crawling and analysis tool that can help businesses improve their website’s SEO performance. Its super user-friendly interface makes it easy to learn how to use screaming frog and access its rich data on website elements, including metadata, links, and images.
- Website Crawling and Analysis: Screaming Frog crawls through website pages and provides data on website elements, including metadata, links, and images.
- Duplicate Content Analysis: The tool identifies pages with the same content and recommends how you can fix them.
- Broken Link Identification: Screaming Frog identifies broken links on a website and helps businesses fix them to improve their SEO performance.
- XML Sitemap Creation: The software automatically creates XML sitemaps for websites, which can help improve website visibility on search engines.
Pros and Cons
|+ Fast website crawling and analysis||– No keyword research tool|
|+ Easy-to-use interface||– Limited social media analysis|
|+ Identifies duplicate content and broken links||– Only available as desktop software|
|+ Creates XML sitemaps automatically||– Limited reporting capabilities|
Screaming Frog Pricing Plans
Screaming Frog’s free version offers you to crawl up to 500 URLs. For larger websites, the pricing plans are based on the number of URLs a user wants to crawl, which is $259 per year for 5,000 URLs.
6. SE Ranking
SE Ranking SEO software is probably one of the most underrated Ahrefs alternatives, especially for individuals and small to medium-sized businesses.
What Is SE Ranking?
It is a cloud-based SEO tool designed for businesses of smaller sizes. It provides comprehensive SEO and marketing analysis, including keyword position tracking, website audit, backlink monitoring, competitor research, and social media management.
SE Ranking vs Ahrefs
SE Ranking and Ahrefs are powerful SEO tools with different features and benefits.
SE Ranking provides a complete SEO toolkit with in-depth analysis, including website audit, competitor research, and social media management. Choosing the two tools will ultimately depend on your budget, as SE Ranking tool is a limited alternative to Ahrefs.
SE Ranking review
- Keyword position tracking
- Website audit
- Backlink monitoring
- Competitor research
- Social media management
- Keyword suggestion tool
- On-page optimization tool
Pros and Cons
|+ Comprehensive SEO toolkit||– Limited data for backlink analysis|
|+ User-friendly interface||– may not be suitable for large sites|
|+ Provides detailed reports and insights||– Lacks advanced features of Ahrefs|
|+ Affordable pricing plans|
SE Ranking Pricing Plans
SE Ranking prices range widely to cater to businesses of all sizes.
- Optimum – $39.2/month
- Plus – $87.2/month
- Enterprise – $191.2/month
Also, it offers a 14-day free trial so you can test the tool before committing to a paid plan.
7. Surfer SEO
It is a powerful on-page SEO tool that can be considered one of the great Ahrefs alternatives in this area of activities.
What Is Surfer SEO?
as an on-page SEO surfer, it helps you optimize your web pages for better rankings. It works by analyzing the top-ranking pages for your target keyword and providing you with data-driven recommendations for optimizing your page. Surfer also provides a content editor that allows you to write and optimize your content in real time and a SERP analyzer that helps you understand your competition.
Ahrefs vs Surfer
Ahrefs is an all-in-one tool for both on-page and off-page SEO that provides backlink analysis, keyword research, and site audit capabilities. Surfer, however, is focused solely on on-page SEO optimization.
Surfer SEO Reviews
Surfer is a powerful on-page SEO tool that can help you optimize your web pages for better rankings. Its content editor lets you write and optimize your content in real-time, while its SERP analyzer enables you to understand your competition.
- Content Editor: Surfer’s content editor allows you to write and optimize your real-time content based on data-driven recommendations.
- SERP Analyzer: Surfer’s SERP analyzer helps you understand your competition and provides data-driven recommendations on optimizing your web pages for better rankings.
- Keyword Research: Surfer provides keyword research capabilities, allowing you to find the most relevant keywords for your web pages.
- Page Audit: Surfer’s page audit feature provides a detailed analysis of your web pages, highlighting areas for improvement.
Pros and Cons
|+ Optimize your content in real-time||– lacks some of the capabilities of more comprehensive SEO tools like Ahrefs|
|+ SERP analyzer|
|+ Surfer SEO free trial|
Surfer SEO Pricing Plans
Surfer offers three pricing plans:
- Basic: $49/month
- Pro: $99/month
- Business: $199/month
The Basic plan includes access to the content editor, SERP analyzer, keyword research, and page audit features. What’s more, the Surfer SEO trial offers you to try the basic plan for 7 days. Moreover, it has a Custom plan that you should contact if you want this package.
SERPstat is definitely worth considering as one of the reliable Ahrefs alternatives.
What Is SERPstat?
SERPstat is an all-in-one SEO tool that provides a range of features to help businesses improve their search engine rankings. Some prominent features include keyword research, competitor analysis, backlink analysis, site audit, and rank tracking. SERPstat also offers a variety of reports to help users monitor their progress and identify areas for improvement.
SERPstat vs Ahrefs
While both Ahrefs and SERPstat offer similar features, there are some notable differences. Ahrefs is known for its large database of backlinks and advanced link-building features, while SERPstat is more focused on keyword research and site audit capabilities. Additionally, Ahrefs has a steeper learning curve and is generally more expensive than SERPstat.
- Keyword Research: SERPstat offers a variety of keyword research tools, including keyword suggestions, search volume data, and keyword difficulty analysis. Users can also analyze keyword trends and identify the top-performing keywords for their websites.
- Competitor Analysis: SERPstat allows users to analyze their competitors’ websites and gain insights into their SEO strategies. This includes analyzing their top-performing keywords, backlinks, and traffic sources.
- Backlink Analysis: SERPstat provides a detailed analysis of the number of backlinks, referring domains, and anchor text distribution. Users can also identify potentially harmful links and disavow them.
- Site Audit: SERPstat’s site audit feature analyzes a website’s technical SEO issues, including broken links, duplicate content, and meta tags. It also provides suggestions for improving website speed and overall performance.
- Rank Tracking: SERPstat enables you to track your website’s rankings for specific keywords over time. Users can also monitor their competitors’ rankings and identify potential opportunities to improve their rankings.
Pros and Cons
|+ User-friendly interface||– Limited link-building features|
|+ Comprehensive keyword research tools||– Limited customization options|
|+ Competitor analysis tools||– Limited social media analysis|
|+ Site audit capabilities||– Limited historical data|
SERPstat Pricing Plans
SERPstat offers a range of pricing plans to suit different business needs.
- Lite: $55 per month
- Standard: $119 per month
- Advanced: $239 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Each plan comes with different limits on the number of queries, generates daily reports, and access to additional features. SERPstat free trial also offers a 7-day testing period for new users.
If you are looking for one of the cost-effective Ahrefs alternatives that can help you spy on your competitors and uncover their SEO strategies, SpyFu is definitely worth considering.
What Is SpyFu?
SpyFu is a keyword research tool that allows you to analyze your competitors’ search engine optimization (SEO) strategies. It provides valuable insights into their organic search rankings, paid search advertising, and backlinks. SpyFu also offers a range of other features, such as keyword research, domain analysis, and rank tracking.
SpyFu vs Ahrefs
When comparing SpyFu to Ahrefs, there are a few key differences to remember. While Ahrefs is known for its backlink analysis capabilities, SpyFu focuses more on competitor research and tracking. Ahrefs is also a more comprehensive tool, with a broader range of features such as content analysis and social media monitoring. However, SpyFu is more affordable than Ahrefs, making it an excellent option for businesses on a budget.
One of the standout features of SpyFu is its competitor research capabilities. With SpyFu, you can easily find out what keywords your competitors are ranking for, what paid search ads they’re running, and what backlinks they’re using to boost their rankings. This information can be precious for businesses looking to improve their SEO strategies.
SpyFu also offers a range of other features like keyword research, domain analysis, and rank tracking. The keyword research tool allows you to find new keyword opportunities and analyze the difficulty of ranking for specific keywords. The domain analysis tool provides information on a domain’s organic search rankings, paid search ads, and backlinks. And the rank tracking tool allows you to monitor your website’s search engine rankings over time.
Overall, SpyFu is a great tool for businesses looking to improve their SEO strategies and gain a competitive edge.
- Spyfu Competitors Research: Analyze your competitors’ SEO strategies, including their organic search rankings, paid search advertising, and backlinks.
- SpyFu KeyWord Research: Find new keyword opportunities and analyze the difficulty of ranking specific keywords.
- Domain analysis: Analyze a domain’s organic search rankings, paid search ads, and backlinks.
- Rank tracking: Monitor your website’s search engine rankings over time.
- SpyFu Chrome Extension: Get a quick overview of a website’s organic and paid search performance, including estimated monthly search volume, ranking keywords, and ad spend.
Pros and Cons
|+ Affordable pricing||– Limited features|
|+ Comprehensive competitor research||– Limited backlink analysis|
|+ User-friendly interface|
SpyFu Pricing Plans
So, how much is SpyFu?
SpyFu’s free trial has transformed its plan to a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you may commit to a paid plan in the first place, but you can ask for a refund if it doesn’t live up to your expectations.
It includes a suite of five tools, but how does it compare to Ahrefs?
What Is Mangools?
Mangools is a collection of five SEO tools to help website owners and SEO professionals, including Mangools keyword finder, SERPChecker, SERPWatcher, LinkMiner, and SiteProfiler.
Mangools Vs Ahrefs
Ahrefs may have a wider range of features and capabilities, but Mangools remains a more affordable option for small businesses.
Furthermore, the other biggest difference between Ahrefs and Mangools is their focus.
As mentioned above, Mangools SEO tools center around keyword research and rank tracking. However, Ahrefs backlink checker is a feature that stands out alongside its keyword research.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use and affordable tool for keyword research, Mangools is one of the reliable Ahrefs alternatives.
While it doesn’t have all the advanced features of the Ahrefs keyword generator, it’s still a powerful tool that can help you improve your rankings and drive more organic traffic.
- Mangools Keyword Finder: find long-tail keywords that are easy to rank for.
- Rank Tracking: Use SERPWatcher to track your search engine rankings over time and monitor your progress.
- SERP analysis: Use SERPChecker to analyze your search engine results pages and track your rankings for specific keywords.
- Backlink Analysis: Use LinkMiner to analyze your backlinks and find opportunities to build new ones.
- Site analysis: Use SiteProfiler to get an overview of your website’s SEO performance, including information on your backlinks and organic search traffic.
Pros and cons
|+ Affordable pricing||– Limited functionality|
|+ User-friendly interface||– Smaller database compared to Ahrefs|
|+ Comprehensive toolset|
Mangools Pricing Plans
Note that all plans come with a 48-hour money-back guarantee. Additionally, Mangools offers a free plan with limited access to their tools, which includes 5 keyword lookups/day, 5 SERP lookups/day, 5 tracked keywords/day, and 10 backlink rows/month.
11. Moz Pro
Not only as one of the best Ahrefs alternatives but also as a popular SEO tool, Moz Pro tools have proved to be remarkably effective.
What is Moz Pro?
Moz Pro boosts your social presence with features like keyword research, site audits, link building, rank tracking, on-page optimization, and reporting. You can get started with Moz Pro at $99 per month.
Moz Pro vs Ahrefs
Moz Pro is known for its site auditing capabilities and on-page optimization tool. It also offers a more customizable reporting feature. However, Ahrefs provides more accurate backlink data and has an extremely larger database of indexed pages.
Moz Pro Reviews
- Keyword research
- Site audits
- Link building
- Rank tracking
- On-page optimization
- Educational resources
- Customer support
Pros and Cons
|+ In-depth analysis of various SEO factors||– Keyword data can be less accurate than Ahrefs keyword generator|
|+ customer support||– Higher pricing compared to its limitations|
Moz Pro Pricing Plans
Moz Pro costs a bit expensive, in particular, if you are hunting for more affordable Ahrefs alternatives. How to get Moz Pro for free? Well, Moz Pro free trial is what takes the edge off its costly pricing, and Moz Pro offers this for 30 days and all its plans.
12. SEO PowerSuite
To optimize your website and improve your search engine rankings, SEO PowerSuit is a hot favorite for a list of the best Ahrefs alternatives.
What Is SEO PowerSuite?
Rank Tracker, WebSite Auditor, SEO SpyGlass, and LinkAssistant, Together, SEO PowerSuite tools provide a complete solution to tackle a specific aspect of SEO.
SEO PowerSuit Vs Ahrefs
SEO PowerSuite reviews
It’s a powerful SEO toolkit that provides a broad range of features.
- SEO Powersuite Rank Tracker: identify areas for improvement while tracking your rankings for specific keywords and monitoring your progress.
- SEO PowerSuite Keyword Research: Analyze the keyword metrics, such as search volume, competition, and keyword difficulty.
- WebSite Auditor: analyze your website’s on-page optimization factors and provides recommendations for improving them. It can identify issues with meta tags, content, images, and more.
- SEO SpyGlass: analyze your website’s backlink profile and provides insights into your competitors’ backlinks. It can help you identify high-quality link-building opportunities and monitor your progress over time.
- LinkAssistant: find link-building opportunities and manage your link-building campaigns. It can identify potential link partners, send outreach emails, and track your progress over time.
Pros and Cons
|+ Desktop-based software||– Steep learning curve for beginners|
|+ Regular updates and improvements||– Some features can be slow to load|
|The steep learning curve for beginners||– Limited customer support options|
SEO PowerSuite Pricing Plans
SEO PowerSuite offers both free and paid versions of its software. However, the free version includes some basic features but is limited in its functionality.
13. Long Tail Pro
The aptly named SEO tool mainly focuses on finding long-tail keywords and analyzing their competition as an Ahrefs alternative.
What is Long Tail Pro?
Long Tail Keyword Pro provides insights into keyword competitiveness, related keywords, search volume, and rank tracking. You can identify profitable niches and target specific audiences by uncovering long-tail keywords that have low competition but high search volume.
Long Tail Pro vs Ahrefs
Ahrefs is recommended for SEO professionals, digital marketers, and agencies that require a comprehensive suite of SEO tools.
Long Tail Pro is ideal for small business owners, bloggers, and content marketers who are looking for a cost-effective keyword research tool though.
Long Tail Pro Reviews
One of the standout features of Long Tail Pro is its ability to generate long-tail keywords that have low competition but high search volume. You can easily filter keywords by search volume, competitiveness, and other metrics to find the best keywords for their content. Get your hands on detailed analysis of your competitors’ keywords, allowing you to identify gaps in your own keyword strategy.
- Keyword Research: Long Tail Pro helps businesses find profitable long-tail keywords with low competition and high search volume.
- Competitor Analysis: The tool provides users with a detailed analysis of their competitors’ keywords, allowing them to identify gaps in their own keyword strategy and improve their ranking.
- Rank Tracking: Users can track their keyword ranking over time to monitor their progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Backlink Analysis: Long Tail Pro provides users with backlink analysis to help them identify opportunities for link building and improve their search engine rankings.
Pros and Cons
|+ Generating long-tail keywords with low competition and high search volume||– Very limited features compared to Ahrefs|
|+ User-friendly interface||– The rank tracking feature is not as advanced as Ahrefs domain authority rating|
|+ Providing detailed competitor analysis||– The user interface can be slow at times|
|+ Affordable pricing plans|
Long Tail Pro Pricing Plans
Long Tail Pro free trial is a 7-day offer to new users only. Moreover, it gives you access to far more credits compared to Ahrefs pricing plans.
14. Web CEO
Another all-in-one tool that’s worth mentioning as one of the underrated Ahrefs alternatives is Web CEO.
What is Web CEO?
Web CEO is a cloud-based SEO platform that offers tools for keyword research, rank tracking, link building, on-page optimization, and more. One of the unique features of Web CEO is its white-labeling capabilities, which allow users to customize reports with their branding and send them to clients or team members. This is particularly useful for agencies or consultants who want to provide a professional and personalized experience for their clients.
Ahrefs vs Web CEO
Despite how different their services are, Web CEO pricing is what mainly distinguishes the two.
Web CEO Review
- Keyword research: Web CEO provides an extensive keyword research tool that helps users find relevant and profitable keywords for their websites.
- Rank tracking: With Web CEO’s rank tracking tool, users can monitor their website’s rankings on search engines for specific keywords.
- Site audits: Web CEO’s site audit tool analyzes websites for technical SEO issues, broken links, and other on-page optimization factors.
- Link building: The platform includes a link-building tool that helps users identify potential link-building opportunities and track their link-building efforts.
- Competitor analysis: With Web CEO’s competitor analysis tool, users can analyze their competitors’ websites and identify areas where they can improve their own SEO strategy.
Pros and Cons
|+ White-labeling reports||– Overwhelming user interface for beginners|
|+ Affordable pricing plans||– Reporting functionality could be more intuitive|
|– Lacks some advanced features for experienced users|
Web CEO Pricing Plans
Web CEO offers a range of pricing plans to fit the needs of businesses and SEO professionals of all sizes.
Also, Web CEO also offers a free 14-day trial to test out the platform before you can decide to pick a paid plan.
Last but not least, Majestic is one of the Ahrefs alternatives with access to a tremendously large link index available publicly.
What Is Majestic?
In addition to a trillion URLs crawled and indexed, the Majestic SEO tool enables you to do extensive research on backlinks, keywords, and domains.
Ahrefs Vs Majestic
Regarding backlinks, both are popular choices. That said, there are a few key differences between them.
First, Ahrefs is more user-friendly and offers a more in-depth keyword analysis.
Secondly, in terms of a Majestic vs Ahrefs overview, Majestic SEO pricing plans are generally more affordable.
So, at the end of the day, choosing between Ahrefs and Majestic comes down to what features you need and your budget.
Thanks to its largest link databases, Majestic’s backlink analysis tools are powerful with valuable insights into your website’s performance.
- Majestic SEO Backlink Analysis: Majestic has a vast database of backlinks, allowing users to analyze their website’s backlink profile and track their competitors’ backlink strategies.
- Site Explorer: Users can analyze any website or URL and gain insights into its backlink profile, top pages, and more.
- Keyword Research: Majestic has a keyword checker that gives users a list of related keywords, search volume, and keyword difficulty.
- Site Comparison: Users can compare their website to competitors’ and analyze their backlink profile, top pages, and anchor text.
- Custom Reports: Majestic allows users to create custom reports and export data in various formats.
Pros and Cons
|+ One of the largest link databases available||– Not as user-friendly as Ahrefs|
|+ Accurate backlink analysis||– SEO Majestic tool is not as strong as Ahrefs with regard to keyword research|
|+ Affordable pricing plans|
|+ In-depth competitor analysis tools|
|Not as user-friendly as Ahrefs|
Majestic SEO Pricing Plans
Majestic offers a range of pricing plans to suit different budgets and needs, including a free plan that provides limited access to its features.
There are a whole host of Ahrefs alternatives available in 2023 that can provide similar or even better features and functionalities.
Whether you’re looking for free or paid alternatives to Ahrefs, there are various options to choose from. Semrush, Ubersuggest, Similarweb, and BuzzSumo are some of the best options that offer a range of features, such as keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis.
However, if you’re looking for specific features such as content optimization, you can consider options such as Surfer or Long Tail Pro.
Overall, it’s worth exploring these Ahrefs alternatives to find the one that suits your specific needs and budget best.